Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A lawyer walked in...

A lawyer walked in and said be a robot; don’t show emotion and remember never ever ever touch a child as long as you live.

Now don’t get me wrong it was extremely informational to hear how a lawyer would handle some situations in the classroom. Of course no teacher wants to get in trouble in any way shape or form when it comes to the safety of our students. With that said though I can’t imagine not having any contact with my students at all. They are 3rd graders and demand a lot of attentions and children need physical contact. I will say that it should always be child initiated but, if they ask for a hug my arms are wide open.

What I find even more troubling is the fact that we have to have these rules in place because non humans came before and did unspeakable things to innocent children. We can’t control every person and there really in no mentally ill test we can give before we certify teachers. All we can do is use our best judgment and hope for the best, but keep our eyes out for the worst.


I am not a robot; I am not emotionless; and I am not on quarantine

BEDUC405  

No comments:

Post a Comment