Thursday, August 1, 2013

Issues of abuse

What can I say about today’s topic? This subject area is so heavy and we all wish we never have to deal with a situation that resembles the scenarios. The reality is we will encounter abuse no matter what school we teach in no place is unaffected. I think what I took away from today is the responsibility of reporting any suspicious situations related to the endangerment of a child. I think it is important to discuss with the children what okay behavior is and what abuse is because I am sure not every child knows the difference.  


On another note I am reading about when the parents of Lia decided she no longer needed a very important medication. It is extremely hard to read as a native westerner, but at the same time no one is explaining what the drug is doing to help their child. Also it is unacceptable expectation on the hospitals part to believe the parents know what they are supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment