Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Where I'm From


Where I’m From

I am from laser guns and Barbie dolls
From ladybugs and elephants
I am from the sledding hill all covered in snow
I am from my grandmother’s
For my name is theirs

I am from Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis at the tender age of seven
From the Michael Jackson disease and dinosaurs in my ears
I am from zombies and shrunken heads
From dead relatives in my closet
I am from “another day another ‘A’”
And “if you don’t drink you don’t get drunk”

I am form the inspirational notes left by a younger me
From Morgan’s, Gibbon’s, Black’s, and Fritze’s
I am from pictures plastered on the walls
From red stuff and green stuff of gelatinous deliciousness

I am from family secrets
From sunflowers and aloe
I am from rotten fruit and un-cleaned clothes
I am from water bottles and leg lamps
And golden fish mobiles
I am from books old and new
From education too

I am from Alaskan scenes
From loud bi-pap machines
I am from the philosophy
Don’t believe what you can’t see
I am my future now and then
I am from the beginning

BEDUC427 

No comments:

Post a Comment